- The December Commission meeting has been canceled.
- The Aloft Hotel is now open! A ribbon cutting celebrating the new hotel was held on December 7th.
- Graduate landscape architecture students from the Rhode Island School of Design have pop-up interventions on display at the Innovation District Park.
The November commission meeting has been canceled.
The October Commission meeting will be held in-person on Wednesday, October 20th at 5PM at the Water Fire Arts Center at 475 Valley Street in Providence. This meeting will consultant reviews of the Parcel 2 proposals from Utile and RES Group, and a vote regarding the Rhode Island State Health Lab RFP process. The agenda and presentations can be found at our Documents page: https://www.195district.com/documents/
- The September Commission meeting will be held in-person on Monday September 20th at 5PM at the Guild Beer Garden, on the western end of the Van Leesten Pedestrian Bridge. This meeting will include developer presentations for Parcel 2. The agenda and presentations can be found at our Documents page: https://www.195district.com/documents/
- Tizzy K's Ice Cream has opened their new shipping container pop-up on the east side of the Innovation District Park.
- Aloft Hotel has received its Certificate of Occpancy. The Grand Opening Date is still TBD.
- The August Commission meeting will be held in-person on August 18th. The meeting will be at the Guild pop-up in the Innovation District Park.
- 3 developers have submitted proposals for Parcel 2. More information about these proposals is forthcoming and presentations will be made by developers at the September commission meeting.
- There will be no July, 2021 Commission meeting. The next meeting will be held in mid-August.
- Pennrose Properties has submitted their presentation for Concept Plan approval for their proposed "west building" on Parcel 9, which can be found at this link. These materials will be presented at the August, 2021 Commission meeting, with public comment to follow.
- The deadline for the submission of the RFP for the development of Parcel 20 has been extended from August 6th to August 20th. Addendum 001 noting this extension can be found at this link.
- The Guild has now opened its beer garden on the west side of the Innovation District Park. Hours of operation will be Wednesday and Thursday: 4-8 PM, and Friday and Saturday 12-8 PM. Food and non-alcoholic options are available.
- The June, 2021 I-195 Redevelopment District Commission meeting will be held on June 16th at 5 PM via Zoom. An agenda and Zoom access can be found at this link.
- The May, 2021 I-195 Redevelopment District Commission meeting will be held on May 19th at 5 PM. An agenda can be found at this link. Please join the Zoom meting at this link.