For information related to the proposed Innovation District Park Pavilion, please visit 195district.com/pavilion/
Webinar: Learn More About Operating The District Park Food Pavillion.
Join the I-195 Redevelopment District staff and its consultants to learn more about opportunities to operate the food service portions of the future pavilion in the Providence Innovation District Park. This will be a remote webinar held on Zoom that is open to the public but is focused on those who are interested in operating the facility.
When: November 1, 2022 at 2:30pm to 3:30pm
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
November Commission Meeting
- The November Commission meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 9th at 5:00 PM at District Hall (225 Dyer Street, Providence, RI). An agenda can be found at this link. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like speak during the public comment session.
Listening Session: Share Your Thoughts on Parking in the West Side of the I-195 Redevelopment District at Venture Café.
The I-195 Redevelopment District is hosting a listening session to inform a parking study underway for the west side of the District. Join District staff and consultant, Nelson Nygaard to voice your thoughts about parking in the area at Venture Café.
When: October 27
Conversation Corner: 5-6:00PM (an informal drop-in opportunity to provide your thoughts)
Where: Venture Café, 225 Dyer Street, Second Floor, Providence, RI
You can find the full presentation here.
October Commission Meeting
- The October Commission meeting will be held on Wednesday, October 19th at 5:00 PM at South Street Landing (350 Eddy Street in Providence). An agenda is forthcoming but includes the first session of a two-step concept plan approval process for Parcel 9 Phase II, Parcels 8/8A, and Lot 3 of former Parcel 25.
Community Meeting Regarding Pavilion Siting
- A community meeting to discuss pavilion siting and other design work to-date will be held on October 11th at 5:00 PM. The event will start on the east side of the park next to Tizzy K's (across from James Street). It will consist of a walking tour with stops throughout the park, and will provide a forum for discussion between the public, the project architect (ARO), the District's design consultant (Utile), and District staff. Please RSVP at email@example.com.
- The September Commission meeting will be help on Wednesday, September 21st. An agenda can be found at 195district.com/documents. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like speak during the public comment session.
- The July Commission meeting will be held on Wednesday, July 20th at 5:00 PM at District Hall (225 Dyer Street, Providence, RI). An agenda can be found at this link. Please email email@example.com if you would like speak during the public comment session.
- Park Pavilion Community Learning and Input Session: Architecture Research Office (ARO) and the I-195 Redevelopment District staff are hosting a public event in the park on June 16 from 4:00-6:30 PM to kick-off the design of the food and beverage pavilion. This will be an informal, drop-in event for the public to learn more about the project and provide input. There will be additional opportunities to share input online. More information to come!
- The June Commission meeting will be held on June 22 at 5PM at District Hall at 225 Dyer Street in Providence. An agenda will be posted here once available.
- The District has selected award-winning firm ARO as the architect for the Innovation District Park Pavilion project. A press release regarding this selection can be found at this link.
- The deadline for written comment from the public for the District's east side traffic and parking studies is extended to June 3, 2022. You can submit comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The May, 2022 Commission meeting will be held at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 17th at Rhode Island Commerce Corporation's Narragansett Room at 315 Iron Horse Way in Providence. The agenda can be found at www.195district.com/documents.
- The I-195 Redevelopment District hosted a listening session on May 11 to inform parking and traffic studies underway for the east side of the District. Approximately 60 members of the public attended and over 50 written submissions have been received to date.
- Click the following links for additional information:
- On April 18, 2022, the I-195 Redevelopment District and Councilman John Goncalves hosted an information session with local businesses regarding the pavilion. The presentation given by the District and our consultant Agora Partners can be found at this link.
- Urbanica was selected as the developer for Parcel 2 at the February commission meeting. The resolution selecting Urbanica and related conditions can be found at this link.
- The February Commission meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 2nd at 5PM via Zoom. The agenda and zoom link can be found at www.195district.com/documents/
- The December Commission meeting has been canceled.
- The Aloft Hotel is now open! A ribbon cutting celebrating the new hotel was held on December 7th.
- Graduate landscape architecture students from the Rhode Island School of Design have pop-up interventions on display at the Innovation District Park.
- The November commission meeting has been canceled.
- The October Commission meeting will be held in-person on Wednesday, October 20th at 5PM at the Water Fire Arts Center at 475 Valley Street in Providence. This meeting will consultant reviews of the Parcel 2 proposals from Utile and RES Group, and a vote regarding the Rhode Island State Health Lab RFP process. The agenda and presentations can be found at our Documents page: https://www.195district.com/documents/
- The September Commission meeting will be held in-person on Monday September 20th at 5PM at the Guild Beer Garden, on the western end of the Van Leesten Pedestrian Bridge. This meeting will include developer presentations for Parcel 2. The agenda and presentations can be found at our Documents page: https://www.195district.com/documents/
- Tizzy K's Ice Cream has opened their new shipping container pop-up on the east side of the Innovation District Park.
- Aloft Hotel has received its Certificate of Occpancy. The Grand Opening Date is still TBD.
- The August Commission meeting will be held in-person on August 18th. The meeting will be at the Guild pop-up in the Innovation District Park.
- 3 developers have submitted proposals for Parcel 2. More information about these proposals is forthcoming and presentations will be made by developers at the September commission meeting.
- There will be no July, 2021 Commission meeting. The next meeting will be held in mid-August.
- Pennrose Properties has submitted their presentation for Concept Plan approval for their proposed "west building" on Parcel 9, which can be found at this link. These materials will be presented at the August, 2021 Commission meeting, with public comment to follow.
- The deadline for the submission of the RFP for the development of Parcel 20 has been extended from August 6th to August 20th. Addendum 001 noting this extension can be found at this link.
- The Guild has now opened its beer garden on the west side of the Innovation District Park. Hours of operation will be Wednesday and Thursday: 4-8 PM, and Friday and Saturday 12-8 PM. Food and non-alcoholic options are available.
- The June, 2021 I-195 Redevelopment District Commission meeting will be held on June 16th at 5 PM via Zoom. An agenda and Zoom access can be found at this link.
- The May, 2021 I-195 Redevelopment District Commission meeting will be held on May 19th at 5 PM. An agenda can be found at this link. Please join the Zoom meting at this link.